Battery and receiver are in the nose. I used 2/3AAA NiMH cells, arranged into split pack (two pairs of two cells connected via wire). The pack is very slim and slips past the servo. Receiver is caseless Schulze 835 and it also barely slips past the rudder servo when I remove the servo arm. I moved the servos as forward as possible and as a result achieved perfect balance without extra noseweight. Battery connector is also made from the sub-D connector pins. I used the connector with solder cups - it is really easy to solder it to wire. The shrinkable tubing around the femal connector presses it together, so the contact is really strong.

Created with Web Album Generator