Introduction to Combinatorics and Cryptography (ITX8110)
- Martin Erickson. Pearls of Discrete Mathematics. CRC Press 2010.
- Dominic Welsh. Codes and Cryptography. Oxford University Press 1988.
- Ronald Graham, Donald Knuth, Oren Patashnik. Concrete Mathematics. Addison-Wesley 1994.
- Lectures 2017: Every Thursday 16.00-17.30, SOC-313
- Topic for Oct 5: Counting principles, permutations, combinations, combinatorial identities, sums
- Topic for Nov 2: Proof that one-time pad guarantees perfect secrecy, homework assignments
- My slides:
- Counting: .pdf
- Number theory: .pdf
- Probability and Unbreakable Ciphers: .pdf
- Jaan's slides:
- Crypto application issues: .pdf
- Crypto protocol issues: .pdf
- Homework for 2017: .pdf
Please send the solutions in written form to ahto.buldas(at)ttu.ee by Nov 12
- Topics of the last-year's test: .pdf
- Dec 15 (2016) at 16:00 in ICT-A1: Results and marks: .pdf
- Jan 5 (2017) at 10:00 in SOC-213
- Jan 19 (2017) at 10:00 in SOC-213
- Some exercises from Dec 10, 2014: .pdf
- Slides: .pdf
- Homework n1 (2015): .pdf
- Homework n2 (2015): .pdf
- List of topics and useful sources:
- Modular arithmetic.
- Euclidean algorithm.
- Euler's theorem.
- Modular inverse.
- RSA cryptosystem.
- Probability space.
- Independent events.
- Perfect secrecy.
- One-time pad.